When migrating to Podbean:
If you have already submitted a feed in iTunes and are migrating to Podbean, you will need to update the feed in iTunes so that they pull from your new Podbean feed. You will need to set a redirect on your old feed, and a new feed URL tag on your new feed.
Your first step is to set your previous web server/hosting site to return an HTTP 301 redirect response when it receives a request for the old feed. You can read our articles on migrating from various services to see more detail, or contact support with your previous hosting site.
Next, you can insert the <itunes:new-feed-url> tag by following these instructions:
1. Log in to your Podbean account and go to the 'Settings'->'Feed/iTunes' page.
2. Scroll down the page, turn on the “iTunes:new-feed-url”, then click the “Update Options” button to save your changes.
When leaving Podbean:
If you’re migrating from Podbean and wish to direct your listeners to a new feed, you can set a new feed URL in your Podbean account at: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-new-feed-url. Your Podbean feed will be 301 redirected to the new feed.
1. To set the new feed URL, you first need to be logged into your Podbean account.
2. Then, go to http://www.podbean.com/podcast-new-feed-url. Set the new feed URL at this page. If you have multiple channels, you may select one from the list.
3. Next, contact your new host and have a new feed URL tag (<itunes:new-feed-url>http://www.myfeedurl.com/rss.xml</itunes:new-feed-url>) added to your need feed.