The Podbean Android app allows you to publish podcasts directly from your Android device. To do so:
1. Login to your Podbean account (or create a new account with an email address and password).
2. Click on the person icon in your screen.
3. If this is a new account (or you wish to edit your information), click on three dots next to your podcast title to edit: your podcast title, logo, category or description.
4. Click on the red Record button (microphone icon) and begin recording. You can “add background music” by clicking on the button and selecting the music you want. You can then adjust the background music volume. You can tap to pause and resume at any time. You can also hit the play icon on the screen to listen to what you’ve recorded so far or hit the trash icon to delete. If you make a mistake or have audio you wish to cut, simply tap stop at any point and hit the scissors icon on the right. You will see the audio file and can drag back to the point you wish to cut and hit “trim”. Then, continue recording and when done, hit “Save”.
Importing audio: You can also import audio recorded using other apps. On the record page, tap on the 3 dots on the top right and choose “import audio”. This will bring up a screen where you can choose from the audio files available on your phone. Select the audio you wish to use and hit “Done”. From here, follow the steps below.
5. You will be taken to the draft page. Tap the upload icon and you will go to the episode publishing screen, where you will need to add an episode title (5 characters minimum), and can add an episode description and optional image. You can also share the episode to Facebook and Twitter.
6. Click “Publish” when you’re ready, or “Save Draft” (top corner). To complete publishing of drafts, click the edit icon by the draft.
*You can view and manage all published episodes in your Podbean dashboard, whether created on your phone or computer.