Podbean offers so many great features and benefits for podcasters, so you may be thinking of moving your podcast from Spreaker to Podbean. Many podcasters hesitate because they think it could be complicated or costly to migrate their podcast. But, we make it super simple for you to move your Spreaker podcast over to Podbean. And, there’s no cost to migrate unlimited media to Podbean.
Step 1: Import your Podcasts
After you create a Podbean account, simply go to “Publish” in your Podbean dashboard and click on “Import RSS”. You will enter your Spreaker feed url there and the tool will automatically begin migrating your podcasts*.
*Titles and text will migrate immediately, audio and video files will take about 15-30 minutes to load.
Step 2: Redirect the Spreaker feed to your Podbean feed
1. Log into Spreaker and click “Settings”
2. Select “RSS Feed Customization”
3. Select “Redirect” in the drop-down box under “RSS FEED”
4. Paste your RSS feed URL into the “New Feed URL” box
5. Click “Save”
Spreaker will then add the entered iTunes redirect tag to your feed for you. You can log into your iTunes Podcast Connect page and refresh your feed. If not, iTunes will pick up the change within a few days. We recommend keeping your old Spreaker feed in place for a few weeks to ensure all subscribers have moved across.
Step 3: Turn on the iTunes new feed URL tag in your Podbean account
1. Log in to your Podbean account and go to the 'Settings'->'Feed/iTunes' page.
2. Scroll down the page, turn on the “iTunes:new-feed-url”, then click the “Update Options” button to save your changes.
Step 4: Update your podcast information in iTunes
Here is the Podcasts Connect Help article on updating your RSS.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact the Podbean Support team at http://help.podbean.com/support/home/.