To get a podcast on Apple Podcasts (iTunes), please follow these simple steps:
2. Set your Podcast title, description, category and logo in your Podbean account “Settings” page. Your Podbean channel logo will be used in iTunes as your podcast cover art.
The logo image must meet the iTunes specifications:
- Cover art must be in the JPEG or PNG file format with appropriate file extensions (.jpg, .png).
- In the RGB color space with a minimum size of 1400 x 1400 pixels and a maximum size of 3000 x 3000 pixels, 72 dpi. Read more about specifications for podcasts on iTunes.
3. Get your podcast RSS feed by going to Settings->Feed in your Podbean dashboard. At the top, you will see “Your RSS feed” (http://yourname.podbean.com/feed/). This is the information you need for iTunes.
4. Go to the iTunes store
- Log in or create an iTunes store account.
- Go to “Podcasts”, click “Submit a Podcast” on the right sidebar.
- You will be redirected to Podcasts Connect (or go directly to https://itunesconnect.apple.com/) , Apple's podcast management area.
- You will have to login with your Apple ID. You can view and manage all the podcasts you've submitted here.
- Click on the "+" button the submit a new podcast feed. Validate and submit. You can check the status of your iTunes submission in Podcasts Connect.
Once you register your podcast with iTunes, you will get an iTunes feed ID which you can input in your Feed/iTunes settings in Podbean. Your podcast will be automatically updated by iTunes afterwards.
*Please note that there are sometimes delays with iTunes updating, which we cannot control. If you have subscribers in iTunes, they will get your latest podcast but there may be slight delays in it showing up in iTunes.