To get a podcast on Apple Podcasts (iTunes), please follow these simple steps:
1. Publish at least one episode with an Apple Podcasts (iTunes) supported file format. You may check how to publish a podcast here and which file formats are supported in iTunes here.
2. Set your Podcast title, description, category and logo in your Podbean account “Settings” page. Your Podbean channel logo will be used in iTunes as your podcast cover art.
The logo image must meet the iTunes specifications:
- Cover art must be in the JPEG or PNG file format with appropriate file extensions (.jpg, .png). Be sure the file name is letters, numbers, underscores or dashes only. Do not include an extra period (e.g. myart.V1.jpeg will fail validation).
- In the RGB color space with a minimum size of 1400 x 1400 pixels and a maximum size of 3000 x 3000 pixels, 72 dpi. Read more about specifications for podcasts on iTunes.
Please refer to here on how to resize and compress your podcast logo.
3. Get your podcast RSS feed by going to Settings->Feed in your Podbean dashboard. At the top, you will see “View RSS feed”, once click, you will get your feed URL (https://feed.podbean.com/yourname/feed.xml). This is the information you need for iTunes.
4. Go to Podcasts Connect
- Go to Podcasts Connect (https://podcastsconnect.apple.com), Apple's podcast management area.
- Login to the Apple ID, if you don’t have one, you need to create one at first. You can view and manage all the podcasts you've submitted there.
- Click on the "+" button the submit a new podcast feed. Validate and submit. You can check the status of your iTunes submission in Podcasts Connect.
Once you register your podcast with iTunes, you will get an iTunes feed ID which you can input in your Feed/iTunes settings in Podbean. Your podcast will be automatically updated by iTunes afterwards.
*Please note that there are sometimes delays with iTunes updating, which we cannot control. If you have subscribers in iTunes, they will get your latest podcast but there may be slight delays in it showing up in iTunes.