We highly recommend you NOT to change slug (subdomain) or feed URL unless it’s absolutely necessary or you want to start the podcast from scratch. Changing the slug will cause the feed URL to change. Changing the feed URL could cause issues on Apple Podcasts, Google, Spotify, etc. Though we can set a 301 redirect on your old feed, we cannot guarantee the results and you may run into potential problems with various distribution points.
Podbean subdomain is a part of the podcast site URL; e.g., https://yoursubdomain.podbean.com. It is also used in your podcast feed. Changing your podcast site URL will also change your podcast feed URL.
To change your Podbean Podcast URL,
Go to "Dashboard" -> " "Settings" -> "General" -> "More Options" -> "Podcast Site URL"
- Enter your new subdomain and click the "Update Options" button.
Please be aware of the potential concerns before changing your username. Some of the effects of changing the subdomain include:
1. The old links of the embed podcast player will no longer function due to the URL change. If you use the embed feature to embed the podcast player on other websites, you may want to update the old embed link with the one.
2. Images embedded elsewhere may not link properly due to the URL change. You may want to update the images with the new link.
3. Your podcast feed URL changes. If your podcast is in Apple Podcast, Please go to your Apple Podcasts Connect to update your podcast feed so that followers on Apple podcasts are migrated to the new feed:
1. Select Podcasts
2. Select the podcast you want to update.
3. Select Edit next to the RSS feed URL
4. Enter the new RSS feed URL and click Save
Apple Podcasts Connect will update your RSS feed URL. Allow up to 24 hours for the podcast to be updated to the new RSS feed URL.