Podcasts are now available (released in the U.S. and Canada currently) on Google Play Music. You can submit your Podbean-hosted audio podcasts so you can be found there! Go to Google Play to submit your RSS feed.
1. Add your RSS feed
- You need to have at least 1 episode published and have the appropriate tags set up in Podbean: <title>, <itunes author> or <googleplay author>, and <itunes email> or <googleplay email> (Podbean supports the iTunes tags, which work for both iTunes and Google Play).
- Login to google and “add a podcast”. If you don’t know your RSS, simply go to Settings→Feed in your Podbean dashboard. At the top you will see “View RSS feed”, once click, you will get your feed URL (https://feed.podbean.com/yourname/feed.xml).
2. Confirm ownership
- After submitting your RSS feed, you will need to “confirm email” (via the email in the RSS feed).
- Check for the email from Google and click on the “verify ownership” button (or use the code provided if the direct link doesn’t work).
- You will then be brought to a page to review the information pulled from your RSS feed.
Check your artwork, title, description, and episodes there to confirm and click “publish podcast”.
Your show is now submitted and will be reviewed. You will receive an approval or rejection notice to the associated email address.