1. From your Podcast Dashboard, go to Settings --> Social Share and click on the “Connect to Wordpress” button.
2. Then you need to click on “self-hosted” or “Wordpress.com” to choose the appropriate type of your site.
Self-hosted Wordpress Site
Self-hosted Wordpress websites support the embeddable podcast player and custom options such as described below. You need to input your own Wordpress Site Address URL, username and Application Password.
Please follow the steps below to get the “Application Password”.
Step 1: Install “Application Passwords” plugin in your Wordpress account.
Log into WordPress, go to the plugins section and click ‘Add New’.
In the search box enter “Application Passwords”, then click ‘Search’.
Click the “Install Now” link and proceed to install the plugin.
Once installed, click “Activate”.
Step 2: Get an Application Password
Go the User Profile page of the user that you want to generate a new application password for. To do so, click Users on the left side of the WordPress admin, then click on the user that you want to manage.
Scroll down until you see the Application Passwords section. This is typically at the bottom of the page.
Within the input field, type in a name for your new application password, then click Add New.
*Note: The application password name is only used to describe your password for easy management later. It will not affect your password in any way.
Once the Add New button is clicked, your new application password will appear. Be sure to keep this somewhere safe, as it will not be displayed to you again. If you lose this password, it cannot be obtained again.
After completing your Wordpress account information, click “Submit” .
To customize posting options:
- Click on the “edit” pencil icon for your connected Wordpress account to get the dropdown menu.
- Enter the category name. If you wish to post to more than one category you want the episodes to appear in(separate the category by commas).
- You can also customize options for the look and feel on your site, such as player color, whether the download and share buttons are displayed, if the episode auto plays, and the video size (for video episodes). To see that everything is working, you can “Send Test Post” here.
Wordpress.com sites will display a simple play image in the post. To connect to Wordpress.com, you just need to click the “Connect Wordpress” button.
Once you have the connection set up, the new episode will now automatically post on your Wordpress site (there may be a few minutes delay for this to update).