Populating your media files with an ID3 tag will ensure that your media is displayed correctly on most portable media players and software based audio players. For example, some mobile apps will pull the ID3 tag instead of pulling the details from the RSS feed (particularly the artwork). In order to comply with IAB 2.0 standards, we require you to use ID3v2 tags. Artwork in your file cannot be larger than 300 x 300 You may see our post to learn more about ID3 tags.
If you want to edit ID3v2 tags with Apple Podcasts/ iTunes, the following steps will guide you on how to complete this task in detail.
1. Run App Podcasts/ iTunes, from the ‘File’ menu, choose ‘Add File to Library’.
2. Find the file that you just added to your App Podcasts/ iTunes Library.
3. Right-click on the file and choose ‘Song Info’.
4. Click on the ‘Options’ tab and change ‘media kind’ to ‘Podcast’.
5. Click on the ‘Details’ tab and add the title, author (host), podcast name, release date, and genre.
6. Click on the ‘Artwork’ tab and upload your cover art. Artwork in your file cannot be larger than 300 x 300.
7. Click on the ‘Description’ tab and add your episode description.
8. Click on the ‘Sorting’ tab and add the title, podcast, and author (host).
9. Your MP3 file is now ready to be uploaded to Podbean. Just publish your episode as usual and Podbean will distribute the file as it is, with your ID3v2 tags in place.