Auto Ad Time Slots
After joining the Podbean Ads Marketplace, the auto ad time slots is turned on by default for your podcast. Podbean will find the appropriate time slots for your podcast episodes:
- The default pre-roll and post-roll ad placements are at the beginning and end of each episode (before and after your audio content).
- The mid-roll ad placements (during the middle of your audio content) are calculated according to Podbean’s SPP, Smart PodAds Point mechanism. SPP will select as many appropriate insertion points as possible.
Set Ad Time Slots Manually
However, you may prefer other ad placements or want to adjust the placements for some episodes.
If you want to turn off the auto ad time slot, please go to the Settings page --> Click the “Manage” dropdown menu to the right of your podcast --> Click "Set Time Slots". Toggle off "Auto Ad Time Slots".
To manually set/edit ad time slots, please click "Ad time slot for single episodes or manually batch set →" below on the "Set ad time slots" page, or simply go to your podcast dashboard and click the "Set Ad Time Slots" button on the head of the "Episode List" page.
Set Ad Time Slots to A Single Episode
Click the episode title and there will be a pop-up window for you to set the ad time slot.
You can set multiple mid-roll slots. To add a new slot, input the insertion point and press Enter.
Click the episode title
Set ad time slots at the pop-up window
Batch Set Ad Time Slots
Select multiple episodes to batch set the ad time slots.
- Pre-roll time slots can be batch set at a specific time or simply at the beginning of the selected episodes.
- For batch setting mid-roll time slots, Smart PodAds Point (SPP) will be used to find as many suitable positions as possible to insert the ads.
- Post-roll time slots are batch set at the end of the selected episodes.
Delete Ad Time Slots
- To delete time slots from a single episode, click the episode title and deselect the ad slots that do not need to be retained at the pop-up window. Then click "Save".
- To delete time slots from multiple episodes, you can select them to batch delete the time slots.
Once the time slot is deleted, ads will no longer be inserted at that point.
Delete time slots from a single episode
Batch delete time slots
Again if you don't want time slots set for your podcast automatically, please go to the Settings page --> Click the “Manage” dropdown menu to the right of your podcast --> Click "Set Time Slots". Make sure that "Auto Ad Time Slots" is turned off.