Podbean brings millions of podcasts to Alexa so you can listen and enjoy podcasts for free. Find new podcasts in all genres, listen to your podcast playlists/collection with easy listening voice commands and pick up where you left off listening on any device!
Link your Podbean account to Alexa
If you want to access your podcasts and discover more great listening, or pick up where you left off on other devices, first follow these simple steps to link your Podbean account to Alexa:
1. Set up your Alexa device using the Amazon Alexa app:
Set up your account and add your devices.
2. Go to the Devices page in the Alexa app. Tap YOUR SMART HOME SKILLS at the bottom. Enable the Smart Home Skills.
3. Search for "Podbean". Launch the Podbean Podcast Player.
4. Enter Settings to Link Account. All set!
Note: You can also manage the Podbean skill for Alexa on the Amazon site.
List of Example Commands
Now you can enjoy your podcasts and collections on Podbean by giving Alexa voice commands.
To Access Specific Podcasts
- “Alexa, Ask Podbean to play The Daily”
… to play whichever podcast you’d like by name (plays from the latest episode in the podcast)
To Access Personal Collections
- “Alexa, Ask Podbean to play My Likes”
… to play your collection of “Episodes I Like” (plays from the latest added episode in the list)
- “Alexa, Ask Podbean to load my playlists”, and then “Play my playlist Comedy Highlights”
… to play your personal playlist (plays in the order of the episodes in the list)
- “Alexa, Ask Podbean to resume”
*If you’re a Podbean Android App user, you can resume playing the last episode you played on your Podbean account, whether from the Podbean App, Android Auto, or Alexa.
Coming soon for iOS users!
- “Alexa, Stop” or “Alexa, Pause”
- “Alexa, Play” or “Alexa, Resume”
- “Alexa, Next” … to skip to the next episode
- “Alexa, Previous” … to skip back to the previous episode
- “Alexa, Start Over” … to replay the episode from the beginning
- “Alexa, Ask Podbean to rewind” (rewinds 15s by default)
- “Alexa, Ask Podbean to rewind 20 seconds”
- “Alexa, Ask Podbean to fast forward” (fast forwards 30s by default)
- “Alexa, Ask Podbean to fast forward 45 seconds”
Note 1: Instead of using the “Alexa, ask Podbean to”, you can also say “Alexa, tell Podbean play The Daily”, “Alexa, tell Podbean Resume”, “Alexa, tell Podbean Next”, etc.
Note 2: Episode files in both mp3 and m4a format are supported on Alexa while playing podcasts with Podbean.