With Podbean Livestream’s new unlisted feature, you can now create livestreams that are exclusive to your patrons. In order to launch a patron-only livestream, you’ll need to create and publish a patron-only episode.
1. Create A Unlisted Live Show
2. Publish A Text Only Patron Episode
Create A Unlisted Live Show
1. From your Podbean Dashboard, click on the “Live Stream” button from the top-right drop down menu.
2. Click the “+ New Live Show” button. Fill in the live show information and choose “Unlisted” as the “Visibility” type.
3. Click the arrow icon to the right to the Start now button. This will allow you to schedule your LiveStream for a later time*.
*Note that your livestream will not begin automatically. You will need to click the Start button in the Podbean Live interface to begin your livestream.
4. Click the Actions > Share button on the Live Shows page to get the share link of your live show you can share with your patrons.
Publish A Text Only Patron Episode
In order to launch a patron-only livestream, you’ll need to create and publish a patron-only episode.
1. Login to your Podbean Patron crowdfunding dashboard.
2. Click on the “Manage” > “Publish Patron Only Episode”. You will be directed to the publishing page.
3. Select “Patron Only” as the publishing option. You can also designate the live stream is available to all levels or only patrons at a specific dollar level. Make sure your patron-only episode is a text-only episode, which doesn't include an audio/video file.
4. Fill in the episode title which will be used as the subject of the email, and include the live show information in the description. The episode description will display in the email content.
See below for an example:
• Episode Title: Join My Live Show
• Episode description:
Thanks for your support. I invite you to join my patron-only live show. Below is the live show information.
Live Show Start Time: April 30 5pm(EST), 2020.
Join Link: paste your live show join link here
5. Click on “Publish Now” or schedule a publish time. Podbean will send email notifications to your patrons based on your settings.