If you are currently hosting your podcast on Anchor and would like to migrate to Podbean, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Import your Podcasts
- Create a Podbean account, you may choose the plan you like.
- From your Podcast Dashboard, click “Import podcast”.
- This option will disappear from the main page once you finish your first import, but you can always find this option to import your podcast in “Settings”-->“General“-->“Import to Podbean”.
- Enter your Anchor feed URL and click on the 'Import' button to import your podcast to Podbean.
- You can also select to convert your audio file format to mp3 if you want to submit your podcast to Spotify via Podbean. (Spotify only accepts .mp3 file format.)
Step 2: Redirect the Anchor feed to your Podbean feed.
- Log into your Anchor account, go to "Settings"-->"Distribution".
- Fill your Podbean feed in "Advanced Settings"-->"Redirect URL". (Find your Podbean RSS feed in your Podbean Dashboard-->Settings-->Feed/iTunes)
Step 3: In your Podbean dashboard, click on the "Check redirect" button in “Settings”-->” Switch to Podbean” to check the 301 redirect.
To make sure various directories have had time to update to your new podcast feed location, we recommend you keep your Anchor account live for at least four weeks after the redirect is complete. After that, you can log in to Anchor and deactivate or delete your account.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact the Podbean Support team.