If you are currently hosting your podcast on RSS.com and would like to migrate to Podbean, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Import your Podcasts.
2. After you create your Podbean account, choose "Import Existing Podcast".
3. From your Podcast Dashboard, click “Import existing podcast”.
This option will disappear from the main page once you finish your first import, but you can always find this option to import your podcast in “Settings”-->“General“-->“Import to Podbean”.
4. Enter your RSS.com feed URL and click on the 'Next' button to import your podcast to Podbean.
You can also select to convert your audio file format to mp3 if you want to submit your podcast to Spotify via Podbean. (Spotify only accepts .mp3 file format.)
Step 2: Redirect the RSS.com feed to your Podbean feed.
1. Log into your RSS.com account, head over to the Settings page, scroll down to the section "Redirect" and click on the "Activate" button.
2. Fill your Podbean feed in the field and click on the "Redirect" button (You can find your Podbean RSS feed in your Podbean Dashboard-->Settings-->Feed).
Step 3: Verify the 301 Redirect and Import.
After setting up the redirect, navigate back to the "Import to Podbean" page on your Podbean dashboard by going to "Settings" > "General". Click on the "Check redirect" button.
If the redirects are working correctly, Podbean will proceed to import your media files into the Podbean media manager. If the import process goes smoothly without any issues, congratulations! You have successfully completed all the necessary steps.
To make sure various directories have had time to update to your new podcast feed location, we recommend you keep your RSS.com account live for at least 45 days after the redirect is complete. After that, you can log in to RSS.com and deactivate or delete your account.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact the Podbean Support team.